The need to be AI fluent is now.
There was a time when technology meant computers. Today, it means AI.
A catalyst in the evolving landscape of everything from digital assistants to business intelligence, the acceleration of AI has indeed been rapid.

An increasing number of companies are now harnessing their power to enhance processes, elevate efficiency, and boost profitability.
The technology by itself has evolved as a propellant for emerging disruptors such as big data, robotics, and the Internet of Things (IoT).
And all through this transformation, AI has fostered innovation, nurturing an ecosystem of new industries and business models, and offering employment opportunities that were previously inconceivable.

Now that nearly every company is considering how AI can impact their businesses, they are on the hunt for a skilled workforce. And the AI skills gap is emerging as the largest barrier to its adoption.
The AI market in India is expected to reach $7.8 billion in value by 2025 but there is a 51% gap between the demand and supply of AI/ML BDA tech talent in India. (India Ai Report-2023).
And why do we have this gap?
“80% of Indian engineers do not possess the skills required to meet the demands of employers.” (National Employability Report for Engineering).
What could probably be hindering the fulfilment of this demand?

The AI Skills Gap
India Inc. is currently grappling with a skilled talent crisis.
“With only 35% of the STEM graduates of 2020-21 employable, and the remaining 65% in need of upskilling to get a job, more than two million jobs in AI, cyber security, and blockchain run the risk of remaining unfilled by 2023.”
(NASSCOM Report-2023).
This presents a unique challenge for companies who want to remain competitive in the AI landscape, for they need a sustainable way to attract and retain fresh talent to keep up with emerging technologies.

But how can they do this?

Empowering Learners with Relevant Skills and Certification-The Corporate Way.
Brilliant disruptions are irrelevant if an organization does not have an equipped workforce to leverage and manage them.
To foster a conducive business environment for AI, companies are actively exploring various approaches. One key strategy involves prioritizing skilling programs aimed at addressing organizational gaps and propelling business advancement. Designed to bridge organizational gaps and drive business progress, these investments in early talent development offer a significant advantage for companies looking to attract and retain promising students.
Working together as partners in progress, the corporate-academia connection can play a vital role here in training efforts that address shortages of skills, upskilling, and reskilling to ensure that talent is well harnessed.
With India’s substantial youth population, comprising 40% of the world’s largest youth population, there is an extensive talent reservoir waiting to be tapped into. And Corporate Skilling Programmes can act as the rising tide that lifts all boats.

NuReFutureTech- Skilling the micro-credential way for the future of jobs

NuRe FutureTech Private Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary, accelerator, and transformation partner of 3i Infotech Limited and offers cutting-edge solutions and services for AI, Advanced Analytics and a broad spectrum of cognitive offerings.

The Campus to Corporate Initiative of NuRe FutureTech is a dedicated corporate effort that leverages flexible agile, responsive, and work-relevant learning engagement models to equip learners with market-ready skills. Breaking free from the traditional training and diploma models, it delivers skilling as micro-credentials.

No Comments
Post a Comment